Wide Horizons For Children is an international child welfare organization dedicated to improving the lives of some of the most desperate children in the world. Knowing that every child needs the love and security of a family to survive and thrive, WHFC has developed strong programming aimed at strengthening families, improving care for institutionalized children and finding family permanency through adoption. Each day our programming saves the lives of vulnerable children and provides new opportunities such as improved education and health for others. We are passionate about what we do and dedicated to doing more – because the need is so great. We have a strong reputation and an extraordinary staff.
Wide Horizons For Children is currently seeking a Web Developer to manage WHC’s website (whc.org), social media sites and support WHC’s email program in order to promote the overall agency mission.
- Develops and maintains website(s) including developing new functionality or optimizing existing functionality, managing content publication. Coordinates with various internal and external stakeholders to publish content in a timely manner
- Manages e-mail communications utilizing Constant Contact, develop HTML e-mail templates, mail merges and tracking data
- Provides technical support/configuration and tracking analytics for WHFC social media presence including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Linked In
- Provides support for search engine optimization, search engine marketing and display/social marketing
- Provides analytics on the effectiveness of web, social and e-mail related strategies and tactics; provides regular reporting on key dashboard metrics
- Collaborating with external IT consultants
- Managing organizational priorities, consistent with leadership and organizational goals
- In collaboration with the marketing manager, administers and manages the budget for all web projects
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university
- Four to eight years of web development experience
- Knowledge of HTML,CSS, XML and FTP
- Experience with CRMs (Blackbaud or others)
- Experience with email programs (Constant Contact or others)
- Experience with SEO, SEM and display marketing
- Experience with Joomla and WordPress highly desired, responsive design and SEO are highly desired.
- Preference will be given to applicants experienced in collaborating with marketing teams.
Disclaimers: Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Wide Horizons For Children is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Wide Horizons For Children discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.