Wide Horizons For Children, Inc. employment policies and practices promote equal employment opportunities for all persons when filing for staff positions. WHFC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, creed, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual preference or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The role of the Web Designer/Developer is to manage WHC’s website (whc.org) and social media sites and support the WHC’s email program in order to promote the overall agency mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains website(s): Develops new functionality or optimizes existing functionality, manages content publication, ensures ease of use and best, accuracy and completeness. Coordinates with various internal and external stakeholders to publish content in a timely manner.
- Manages Email Communications Utilizing Constant Contact, – develop HTML email templates, mail merges and track data.
- Provides technical support/configuration and tracking analytics for WHFC social media presence including, but not limited to: FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube and Linked In.
- Provides support for search engine optimization, search engine marketing and display/social marketing.
- Provides Analytics – Provides analytics on the effectiveness of web, social and email-related strategies and tactics. Provides regular reporting including on key dashboard metrics.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with external IT consultants
- Managing organizational priorities, consistent with leadership and organizational goals
- In collaboration with the marketing manager, administers and manages the budget for all web projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university
- Four to eight years of web development experience
- Knowledge of HTML,CSS, XML and FTP
- Experience with CRMs (Blackbaud or others)
- Experience with email programs (Constant Contact or others)
- Experience with SEO, SEM and display marketing
- Experience with Joomla and WordPress highly desired,.
- Preference will be given to applicants experienced in collaborating with marketing teams.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Position requires a person to have strategic ability and independence. He/she must be able to understand and communicate technical information. He/she will be a creative and organized individual with effective interpersonal skills. This position requires an individual to collaborate with numerous staff members and departments, while supporting the agency’s goals and mission. He/she will be a team player with a positive attitude. He/she will also be adept at problem solving and project management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Disclaimer: This job profile identifies the general duties and minimum level of skills required to perform this job. It is not intended to represent comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned.