The impact of adoption is profound and long lasting on everyone involved. Your choice to engage a reputable agency for post adoption exploration is critical.
STATEMENT OF BELIEF
- All members of the adoption triad deserve the highest degree of respect when seeking post-adoption services.
- Post adoption information and communication is best done when individuals are fully supported by highly skilled adoption professionals at every stage.
- International adoptive families need highly competent and trained professionals in-country when considering and embarking on travel.
- We recognize the intense and emotional journey for all members of the triad and will do our best to sensitively balance the needs of each individual involved.
When providing service to the BIRTH FAMILY WHFC:
- Safeguards confidentiality when searching or initiating contact at the request of the adoptive family or adopted person
- Empowers them to make decisions about whether they desire contact with the adoptive family and, if so, the frequency and type of contact they prefer
- Engages adoption professionals who are trained to provide accurate, adoption sensitive and culturally sensitive translation and interpreter services
- Identifies opportunistic or unethical practices in order to provide safeguards
When providing services to the ADOPTIVE FAMILY WHFC:
- Counsels families on whether and when to seek information or make contact
- Helps parents assess a child’s readiness and anticipate the needs of their child
- Educates parents about cultural norms, expectations and ethical practice
- Helps parents and adoptees understand and process new information learned in the course of corresponding with or visiting birth family
- Arranges accurate and culturally sensitive written and oral translations during international travel
When providing service to the ADOPTEE WHFC:
- Advocates for the adoptee to know his or her whole story as developmentally appropriate
- Involves the older adoptee in discussions of travel and contact with birth family
- Educates the adoptee regarding the process and time frames involved in seeking information or contact and provide support during the wait
- Recommends and refers adoptees for clinical services when initiating a search, visiting birth country or meeting with birth family
- Provides non-identifying or identifying information to adult adoptees in accordance with state and country laws
Register with us today! Once we receive your Registration Form and non-refundable Registration Fee ($100), you will receive a phone or in-person appointment with a member of our experienced staff. If you have any questions about any of our post adoption services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org